Step 2: Restore, Renew, and Revive
Step 2 – We come to believe that a power greater than ourselves can and will restore us to sanity.
- Restore: To bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
- Sanity: The ability to think and behavein a normal and rational manner; sound mental health.
Stages of Step Two (part 2)
- I come to believe in a power greater than myself
- Corinthians 10:13The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
- I come to believe in a power greater than myself can and will
I develop _________
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing
through the word of Christ.
- I come to believe in a power greater than myself can and will restore me
Vigor: Strength, energy, or enthusiasm.
I am _______________
- I come to believe in a power greater than myself can and will restore me to sanity.
- Principle: When my ___________
Peter 5:10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you (ESV).
Step Two Prayer
I’m tired of doing things my way and I’m ready to do things Your way. I believe You are the Son of God who died for my sins, rose again, and are alive today. I commit to follow you for the rest of my life and declare you are LORD of my life. Restore my sanity, renew my hope, and revive my joy. I put my faith and trust in You alone. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
- What do you need more right now?
- Your sanity restored?
- Your hope renewed?
- Or my joy revived?
- Do you believe God will restore, renew, and revive your life? Share why or why not.